Our Covid-Secure Workplace Policy – Please take the time to read what you’ll need to know for your treatments.
In light of the current Covid19 pandemic I have put extra precautions and policies in place to ensure that Nurture 4 Life remains the safe, comfortable haven it has always been. These procedures have all been designed to give you maximum protection and peace of mind that you are safe and secure, whilst at the same time ensuring you feel nurtured and comfortable during your treatment. They have been compiled in accordance with both government guidelines and my own professional associations and insurers.
To maintain both your safety and your wellbeing, there will be some changes to how I run the centre and your treatments.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!
- If you have any of the following symptoms: fever; new cough; body aches; feeling generally unwell; sore throat; headache; digestive upset; loss of smell or taste; new skin rashes, bumps or lesions, unexplained bruises or marks on your toes, feet or legs, please DO NOT attend your appointment. And please be assured that I will be cancelling all appointments and self-isolating for a minimum of 14 days if I have any of these symptoms. If I do have any symptoms I will ensure I am tested for Covid19 and will be following the Test, Track and Trace system that is in place.
- Please DO NOT attend your appointment if you have knowingly been in contact with anybody who has had any of these symptoms in the last 14 days. You will be asked to sign a disclosure to this effect as there will also be a checklist with all possible symptoms which you will be required to read and sign shortly before each appointment.
- Please rearrange your appointment if you have returned from a foreign holiday/trip or a visit to any of the UK hotspots within 14 days of your scheduled appointment date.
- You will be asked to give permission for your contact details to be passed onto the Test and Trace system if I am contacted by them. This will be in line with the GDPR laws.
- I reserve the right to refuse treatment if I feel you are at risk, or if I feel I am at risk of illness.
- Cancellation fees will not be applicable when related in any way to Covid-19.
BOOKING YOUR TREATMENT
- Bookings can be made via email and Online consultations can be booked online here. You will not be able to pop in and make an appointment as the door will be locked.
- I will be working reduced hours during the initial reopening process to allow enough time for thorough deep cleaning and disinfecting to be carried out before and after every treatment.
- If you are a new client, your treatment consultation will be done over Zoom or a phone call before the day of your appointment, at a convenient time for you.
- Your first appointment post-lockdown will require a pre-treatment consultation/chat, either virtually or over the phone. I will contact you to arrange this at a convenient time for you.
- If you are coming for your treatment and would like to bring your child with you, this will only be possible if they are under 12 weeks old.
- If you are bringing your child with you for your/their appointment, please do not bring any unnecessary belongings.
- Only one adult client will be allowed in the centre at any one time so please do not bring anyone else to your appointment with you.
- I will be offering solely reflexology treatments and no massage or facial reflexology treatments until further notice. Fortunately, reflexology can do pretty much all of the same things massage can and more! The possible date I will be resuming massage-based treatments will be reviewed on a monthly basis. The full treatment menu will be phased in gradually.
ARRIVING FOR YOUR TREATMENT
- We will both need to wear facial coverings. I will greet you already wearing one. You will need to bring your own as I will not be able to provide them. Please arrive already wearing your facial covering. Also, please note that is a mandatory requirement from the Government as of August 8th 2020.
- Shortly before you arrive for your treatment, I will contact you to ask you some health/Covid-related questions. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions your treatment you will not be allowed to enter and will have to be rescheduled.
- Please do try to not arrive early for your appointment. The door will be locked during treatments and until 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to allow for thorough cleaning and disinfecting between treatments. I will then unlock the door and ensure it is open for you so you do not need to touch any door handles on arrival.
- Please do not bring extra bags of shopping with you. Your other belongings (handbags, phone, shoes and outer wear) will be placed in a lidded plastic box in the treatment room, which will then be disinfected between treatments.
- You will be required to use hand sanitiser on arrival and upon leaving. There are also hand washing facilities and disposable paper towels available.
ATTENDING YOUR TREATMENT
- Please bring your own water bottle with you as glasses of water will not be available. You can bring your own mugs if you would prefer a hot drink as herbal tea bags and a kettle will be kept in the treatment room.
- Individually wrapped packets of tissues will be available if you need them, which you will then take away with you after your treatment.
- My treatment room will be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and ventilated between every treatment. All doors will then be left open for you so you do not have to touch any doors or door handles.
- Your treatment will proceed as normal. Although unlikely, if I have to leave the room for any reason I will be both washing and sanitising my hands before I re-enter, as well as disinfecting the door handle again.
- I will remain in the treatment room with you and we will both leave the room together at the end of your treatment.
PAYMENT AND DEPARTURE
- Payment will be made via our contactless payment system so no cards need to be handled. BACS payment in advance of the treatment will also be available. Cash or cheques will not be accepted.
- I will open all doors for you as you leave to ensure you do not need to touch any surfaces unnecessarily.
OTHER STEPS I AM TAKING TO ENSURE YOUR SAFETY AND MINE:
- There will be a half an hour gap between every treatment to allow all the public areas (both internal and external), doors and door handles, all surfaces, the treatment couch/chair, sofa and my treatment room to be thoroughly steam-cleaned and disinfected, as well as to ensure no two clients crossover. The daily cleaning protocol will be available to see.
- I will be the only therapist working on the premises so there will be only two people in at any one time – myself and you.
- Hand sanitiser will be available at all times in all rooms.
- I will wear clear face visors for anyone who is hearing-impaired so clear communication is maintained at all times.
- All pillowcases, towels, blankets and sheets used for each treatment will be removed immediately afterwards, placed in a sealed bag and removed for laundering services. Each client will have a fresh set of laundry per treatment.
- My risk assessment, management policy and cleaning protocols will be available to anybody who wishes to read them and understand all measures I have put in place. To request a copy please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will email them straight to you.
- Extra training in Covid-19 infection risk and hygiene recommendations have also been undertaken so you know you are in safe hands.
- As a member of the Association of Reflexologists and the Complementary Therapists Association, I am also closely following all of their comprehensive guidance very closely.
These measures are in place to ensure your treatments are as calming and nurturing as always and you are secure in the knowledge that your safety, health and wellbeing is being supported and maintained to the highest standard.
So all you need to do is relax, enjoy dedicated time for you in clean and comfortable surroundings and know that everything else has been taken care of.
If you have ANY questions about any aspect of this – I am here to help. There is no question too silly.